About Me

My photo
My entire 24 years of life I've tried to spend making and reaching goals. I've always thought it'd be pretty cool to say "I've ran a marathon", so here's to making that a reality :)

Sunday, October 24, 2010

8 miles turned into 9.5!

Saturday was my long run. I was well rested and ready to run 8 miles. I woke up at 6:30am, right as my fiance was getting home from work. He was going to shower and head straight to bed. I wanted to go back to bed so badly, and he was doing a good job of convincing me to sleep. I didn't listen to him and went outside to warm up.

I have an app on my phone that tells me my mileage and pace while I'm running, and my plan was to run 4 miles out, and then just turn around and head back home. However, as I was getting to the 4 mile mark...I figured I would be too bored running the same path back home, so I thought I could take another major road back home. As I was running on the road though, it never let me make a turn to make it home, so I ended up having to run further than needed. A whole 1.5 miles more! Surprisingly, it didn't affect me that much. At around mile 5.5, I ate one gummy cube energy thingy, and I had my water whenever I was thirsty.



It was fun exploring a brand new neighboorhood. It kept me entertained and I wasn't constantly thinking about my mileage. It got really hot the last mile and my legs started to feel shaky, but overall it was a good run! I'll definitely be ready for the half marathon in 3 weeks, but thinking of running that same run plus doing it a little less than two more times for the full marathon is still a scary thought.

I realized most people in training run their long runs on Saturday because I saw around 10 other runners with their water belts. I never see that many on Sundays.

I ended up doing 9.5 miles with an 11:25mins/mile pace. I've been very lucky because my foot stopped hurting. I don't know how because I didn't stay off of it this week! LOL. I guess praying really does work :)

2 comments:

  1. wow, that is alot of running. remember that its all mind over matter. (not my mind though lol) Being entertained is good for the distraction, that is probably why people like the races, because they get inspired by others and enjoy watching other people.

    love you, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! didnt know you had a blog, deff going to keep up... good luck!!!! :)
    Myriam

    ReplyDelete