About Me

My photo
My entire 24 years of life I've tried to spend making and reaching goals. I've always thought it'd be pretty cool to say "I've ran a marathon", so here's to making that a reality :)

Sunday, October 3, 2010

5 mile run

So this weekend I went to Runners Depot and got myself a water belt which I absolutely LOVE! It has a big pocket to hold my phone, keys and any energy gels,etc that I may have to bring with me on long runs.

It was so comfortable! I didnt even feel it on me while I was running.

I started my run at 7am, and it was such a beautiful morning. The sunrise was spectacular and I had one of those, "it feels good to be alive" moments. I ran the entire time but walked for about 20 seconds while I drank my water at mile 3 and 4 (like I will in the marathon). At mile 4.5 I got a horrible heel pain on my right foot. I stopped for a second and it didn't go away. I continued running and it hurt more, so I walked for 2 minutes. It felt a little better, but I really wanted to run so I just sprinted home.

I finished the run with an average pace of 11:11 minute miles.

My heel has been hurting the whole day. I've taken ibuprofen and have had ice on it for most of the day. I'll take the day off tomorrow and hopefully I'm ready to run on Tuesday!

I'm going to blame it on improper stretching. I was excited for my run today and just head out the door without a real stretch. Lesson learned!


1 comment:

  1. yes, stretching is important.

    Ice, but not continuously all day!!

    Hopefully, the weather will be just like today on the day of the run.

    love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete