About Me

My photo
My entire 24 years of life I've tried to spend making and reaching goals. I've always thought it'd be pretty cool to say "I've ran a marathon", so here's to making that a reality :)

Sunday, October 17, 2010

7 miles. Check!

Saturday, I woke up at 5:45am to attend the Breast Cancer Walk. It was a leisurely 5K stroll where I got to talk with friends and family and support a wonderful cause. When I parked my car and walked to the park, I looked around and realized that this was the last little stretch before the finish line in the half marathon I ran in the beginning of the year. I don't know why but this got me really emotional. It's weird, but just being in Bayfront Park made me really excited to run the marathon and get that "feeling" back.

I had the itch to run this 5k...but I knew I had to run 7 miles the next day...so I decided I shouldn't. It was a really nice day, the weather was perfect, and seeing all the survivors made me feel blessed to be alive and healthy.

Me with my Momma, Sharrie and Nancy

My Mom looking cute lol

Two strong and beautiful women: Christine & Ketty


My family <3
 Today, I woke up at 6:40am for my 7mile run. I was a little scared of running by myself...but I brought my credit card, phone, water, energy gel and chapstick. I knew I'd be perfectly fine lol :) The run went pretty well. I saw some new parts of Davie that I've never seen, so that was pretty cool. I had to use the bathroom really bad and after 2 miles of holding it in, I saw a gas station! It was like heaven! hahahaha. That pumped me up for the last two miles of the run. My foot pain was going in and out...but never shocking or stabbing, where I had to stop. One of my headphones when out at the last mile. That was pretty annoying. I love those headphones, so now I have to get myself a new pair. I finished with an average pace of 11:25. I felt great!



I got home, showered, and went straight to bed with some ice on my foot. Of course, my foot didn't let me have it THAT easy. Later on into the day the pain got worse! It got to the point where it was a sharp, stabbing pain on the outside of my foot where it was difficult to walk. Now, it's a dull pain that is slightly uncomfortable when walking. I'm starting to get pissed now! lol. I tried getting an ankle brace last week....but that made my foot hurt more. I think my next home remedy will be shoe inserts for my terribly flat feet.


Anyways, yesterday I got REALLY excited because I convinced Jaclyn to run a half marathon!!! haha! I remember after running my half marathon, she mentioned she wanted to do one. So while I was at the Breast Cancer run, I implanted into her head that SHE CAN DO IT. lol. She went home and signed up! I AM SO EXCITED FOR HER!!


Jaclyn is in the middle with Zaida & my Padrino, George.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! lol I am so honored to be in your blog!! I really can't wait. Im happy I'm doing this. I know Im gonna have my moments where I wanna be lazy and not do anything but I'm just gonna picture you telling me to do it. I really can't wait that feeling at the finish line. -Jaclyn <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO Jaclyn!!

    There will definitely be lazy moments. Training is very time consuming and stressful at times. You'll keep questioning yourself all the time, saying, "why the hell am I doing this again?!"

    But I promise you (and I have to keep telling myself this too)...that "feeling" is like none other. It is a great sense of accomplishment and you feel like you can take on the world. I know I sound like a wacko right now, but trust me, you will see :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that your foot is hurting you...take some advil or aleve before and after a run also!

    It is gonna be so cool to see you do a full marathon!!! I can't wait! I wish I could do it and get that feeling at the finish line lol Maybe someday I will run a 5K and get the feeling lol lol some day.....

    love you ooxo

    ReplyDelete