About Me

My photo
My entire 24 years of life I've tried to spend making and reaching goals. I've always thought it'd be pretty cool to say "I've ran a marathon", so here's to making that a reality :)

Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Padrino's Motivational Words :)

My godfather sent me (and my cousins) these emails this week: they have been absolutely inspiring :)

Hey Mararthroner!!

You are 19 days always from your run, I've decided that my role for the next two week is to motivate, inspire, and create the confidence you need to get you over the finish line. All three of you have overcome bigger things in your life and are doing the physical training, I going to help you with the mental part.. So lesson 1) whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve!! So decide right now, this very instant that you will finish this race and you will finish it strong. There is nothing that's going to stop you now. Your on a journey to see if you got the mental strength to overcome the limits you have set for yourself in your mind. Tonight when you put your head on your pillow I want you to be thinking of running that marathon for 4-6 hours and just when you think you're there a huge wall appears and it's to long to run around and to high to climb, you got no energy left but you gather the little strength that's left and break through the wall and cross the finish line now know there is nothing you can't overcome...




Another one.....




Ok girls we got a little nervousness going on and that's good, because we going to channel that into positive energy. 1st, you're not running for anyone but you, you're running because you made a commitment, you gave your word that you were going to do this and finish. A commitment is a mutual, or self-imposed obligation to show loyalty, duty or pledge to something or someone, it's a reflection of who you are; can you keep your word? Can people count on you when you say your going to do something? Your whole life is made up of commitments, you both have chosen a career, a path to your future, a commitment that requires 6-8 years of study. It's not easy but you will persevere, you overcame those classes and teachers that you thought would kick your butt. Your learned something about yourself, that if you set your mind to something, that you believe in and work hard you will succeed. Are you going to succeed or fail, as students, as a dentist, as a physical therapist, as wives, mothers and anything else you want to do? Your commitments all have to have a positive results cause that's what you build on, that's what you're going to remember when a more difficult situation happen. You going to remember committing to something that you had no idea how difficult it was going to be but you got thought it, you make it and those are the things that make you a champion in life and everything you do.

I want to share a quote with that is one of the most beautiful and powerful words I have ever read. It speaks of the our exception of ourselves. I hope you both find it liberating and takes you far in your life's journey.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Tonight's homework is to read the follow and keep reading it over the next couple of week until you make it your. (the secret)

Love you both!

The Champion’s Creed
I am a champion.
I believe in myself.
I have the will to win.
I set high goals for myself.
I surround myself with winners.
I’m cool, positive, and confident.
I’m willing to pay the price of success.
I stay relaxed and in control at all times.
I focus all my energy on the job at hand
I take responsibility for all of my results.
I have the courage to endure and persist.
I vividly imagine what victory will feel like.
I AM A CHAMPION AND I WILL WIN!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you Padrino :) I love you so much and these messages have been wonderful.
You are amazing! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this today, I can't believe I missed it lol.

    Nice words George...The mind is very strong!! These words can be used for everything in your life. I hope you never forget them!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete