About Me

My photo
My entire 24 years of life I've tried to spend making and reaching goals. I've always thought it'd be pretty cool to say "I've ran a marathon", so here's to making that a reality :)

Saturday, January 8, 2011

I actually miss running!


This week was supposed to be the toughest week of marathon training. 5-10-5 miles midweek and 20 miles today. All I did was go to the gym once this week and ride bike for 30 minutes. ugh!

I bought this compression wrap made especially for shin splints. I've been wearing it like 4 days now and my leg feels SO MUCH BETTER. It hasn't hurt me at all throughout the day. I'm going to give my leg this last weekend of rest and on Tuesday, I'm going to try a 5miler. Hopefully it feels ok! By then it will be almost 3 weeks of rest!

My only concern is that the mileage goes down from here. I'm wondering if I feel good - should I try the 20 next weekend, or just stick to the real training plan even though I've skipped 3 weeks of it? The farthest I did was 18 miles. Let's see how I feel....

Anyways, seeing all my friends training makes me want to get up and run. I really feel useless lately. lmao.

THE MARATHON IS IN THREE WEEKS! oh crap!!!

1 comment:

  1. Listen to your body and your common sense and do what you think is right. I am sure the rest was good!!

    Remember, this is not the only race...there are more in the future. I hope that you feel good and that you are able to run!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete