About Me

My photo
My entire 24 years of life I've tried to spend making and reaching goals. I've always thought it'd be pretty cool to say "I've ran a marathon", so here's to making that a reality :)

Saturday, November 27, 2010

10 miler with Kelly


The day before our 10 mile run, Kelly and I were arguing back and forth to see what time we would start running. I wanted to start really early, like 6:30am and she wanted to start around 10am. I don't like running that late because the sun is already out, it's hot, and I get really thirsty. Plus, I'd rather train exactly like the real marathon will be. After much convincing, we started around 6:45am. The first thing she said to me that morning was, "I hate your guts". LMAO!!! 

I was actually excited about this run. After running two half marathons in two weekends, 10 didn't seem so bad.

She runs faster than me, so I was trying to keep up with her most of the run. We were doing like less than 10:30 miles. There were a couple times that my Nike App told me we were doing 9-something miles! I actually felt pretty good for most of the run, but I knew I definitely couldn't keep this pace for a whole marathon.

Around mile 7 my music shut off and when I looked at my phone, the whole thing completely shut off and restarted itself. It was weird. Luckily, everything started working again, but after that, my mileage was off. My phone told me I had two miles left, when I really only had a mile to go. Kelly sped up because she knew she only had a mile, but I slowed down because I knew I couldn't last 20 more minutes at this pace. When I saw her stop, I caught up to her and she told me I was done! lol. That made me feel good because I thought I still had to go another mile!

At the end of the day, Kelly was happy she got up early and ran. So now she can't complain anymore ;)

1 comment:

  1. It must have been great to have Kelly and Ashley as runners that helped you on your training!

    Nothing like a support system!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete