About Me

My photo
My entire 24 years of life I've tried to spend making and reaching goals. I've always thought it'd be pretty cool to say "I've ran a marathon", so here's to making that a reality :)

Monday, August 30, 2010

Run Slow

Last week was a great training week. Just three, 30 minute runs. None of them exhausted me, and I've been feeling really good. I got a BUNCH of music from Jeff over the weekend- actually 4.5 hours worth of music. I'm pretty excited to put them in my iPod and run!

In school, I got to meet 2 people that have ran multiple marathons. One was a friend's patient and the other was a resident. I loved talking to them because they understood the craziness. They didn't even know my athletic ability, yet they know that because I WANTED to run a marathon, that I WOULD run a marathon. They made me believe it was possible.

I asked them for one bit of advice. The girl said, "Run slow and enjoy it, because it is such an amazing experience". There is no doubt that I'll be running slow. That's the only way I know how to run. lol. After having my 5k race and half marathon running times, it's estimated that I'll finish the marathon in around 5 hours and 45 minutes. That's kinda scary to think about. That's longer than a road trip to Tampa!!!
What am I thinking?! hahahaha....

4 comments:

  1. "Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement". You can do it, Sandy =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow and Steady wins the race. FINISHING IS WINNING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog..... You're hot. lol

    ReplyDelete