About Me

My photo
My entire 24 years of life I've tried to spend making and reaching goals. I've always thought it'd be pretty cool to say "I've ran a marathon", so here's to making that a reality :)

Monday, August 23, 2010

My First Run


Today, I started training.

I ran 30 minutes and did 2.7 miles. I'm not the fastest of runners but I'm not looking for speed. I'm looking for endurance. When I got to 2 miles I thought, "Great...now I just gotta do this 13 more times".

The run wasnt too bad for not running since...hmmm...maybe a month ago? I just kept a steady pace. By the end, my quads started cramping up, but that's about it. I have to stretch a little better before my runs.

According to the training schedule, I'll be doing this 3 times a week for the next 7 weeks gradually running up to 40 minutes. I guess they want me to feel as if running 40 minutes is a walk in the park before the intense training begins.

I realized quickly into my run that I need good music. I haven't updated my iPod in a really long time so I'm excited to steal music from Jeff this weekend and jam out to new songs next week!

That's all for now :)

1 comment:

  1. wow, that is a great start!!! omg, yes, music is so important!!!! you need a playlist that makes you happy!!! maybe I will make you an audio of my voice saying "run Chuli run!!!" lol

    xoxoox

    ReplyDelete