About Me

My photo
My entire 24 years of life I've tried to spend making and reaching goals. I've always thought it'd be pretty cool to say "I've ran a marathon", so here's to making that a reality :)

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

2nd Annual Key Largo Bridge Run - 11/13/10

My first race ever was the Key Largo Bridge Run last November 2009. I did a 5K. This was when I saw my sister and dad complete the half marathon and realized that I may be able to do it myself!

Anyways, it's a wonderful run, and it's also walker friendly. You watch the sunrise over the water, which is absolutely breathtaking. You have a bridge to cross (twice) but it's not too bad because the view at the top is worth it!

You have the option to do a 5K (3.1 miles), 10K (6.2 miles) or a half marathon (13.1 miles).

I'll be doing the half marathon with my dad and Harold, and my mom is walking the 10K with some family. I think Jeff will be running the 10K.

Here is the website:
http://jewfishcreekbridgerun.com/index.html

To register:
You can either download the form on the website and send in a check
OR
sign up online but pay a fee ($5?)

If anyone wants to crash at my house the night before you can bring an air mattress and we'll make some spaghetti and relax  :)

Let me know if you'll be joining me!

PS
I've gotten 100 view on my blog! yay! lol. Don't forget to leave comments - they are appreciated!

Here are pics from last year:

My fiance and I at the top of the bridge!
Can you find me?

Jeff, ME, Nancy, Harold, My Mom & Steve
So proud of my sister & dad for completing the half marathon!

2 comments:

  1. That race was so much fun!! What a beautiful day it was and the views were spectacular. I brought my camera and took great shots from the top of the bridge. There will also be a buffet lunch at the Bayside Grill in Key Largo for $10 at 12pm that day.

    It sure would be nice to have a big group!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved that run! I hope that bridge doesn't kick me and the baby's butt this time around! lol

    You know how you said runners are such nice people... well in the keys you have awesome people who are boaters and runners... just imagine the support you'll have around you!!! Your gonna love it!

    I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete